SEEKING NOMINATIONS FOR AWARDS!
Help SEPTA recognize outstanding FCPS personnel, schools and students. Many of our schools and staff go above and beyond to support students with disabilities in their communities. SEPTA would like to recognize these outstanding individuals and we need your help. Fairfax County Special Education PTA will recognize several outstanding educators, schools, and staff at our end of the year general membership meeting. We are seeking nominations from current SEPTA members or FCPS personnel. Please nominate an outstanding FCPS School or Staff Member in the below categories who has gone above and beyond in educating and supporting a student with a disability, especially in ensuring that student can develop their full potential as an individual and as a community member. Nominations will be sought through the month of April. Awardees will be notified by mid-May and awarded in June at SEPTA’s end of the year meeting.
There will be one Excellent Educator award that best exemplifies an educator who supports the needs of a student or students with a disability. Award will consist of certificate, a monetary award, and recognition at the end of the year meeting. Notice will be given to awardee’s immediate supervisor, Principal (if applicable), related Assistant Superintendent and School Board member, and FCPS Superintendent.
Specific Category Awards: There will be one non-monetary award to the staff member or school in each category listed in the nomination form who supports the needs of a student or students with a disability. Award will consist of a certificate and recognition at the end of the year meeting. Notice will be given to awardee’s immediate supervisor, Principal (if applicable), related Assistant Superintendent and School Board member, and FCPS Superintendent.
Specific Category Awards:
- Excellent Educator of the Year
- Special Education Advocate of the Year (Central Office Administrative Staff)
- Outstanding Administrator of the Year (School Based Staff)
- Outstanding Special Education Teacher
- Outstanding General Education Teacher
- Outstanding IA (Paraprofessional)of the Year
- Outstanding Related Service Provider (SLP, OT, PT) of the Year
- Outstanding Support Staff of the Year (social worker, counselor, bus driver, resource teacher, specialist, case manager, resources teacher, or ATS)
- Outstanding Coach/Music Director/Band Director/Choral Director
- Best Inclusive FCPS or PTA Extracurricular or After School Program
- Outstanding Co-Teaching Team
- Outstanding Special Education Liaison
- Outstanding FCPS Student Who Most Supports Inclusion (elementary, middle or high school)
- Outstanding School for Inclusion
- Outstanding Community Champion
- Outstanding Fairfax County SEPTA Champion
Please go to the nomination form and submit your nominations now!
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to nominate our outstanding supporters of children with disabilities.