FCPS posted a revised version of the Restraint & Seclusion Draft Policy on Friday, December 4th, 2020 sometime between appx. 5:30pm – 7:00pm. We downloaded these documents at appx. 7:10pm on Friday and are sharing the revised documents here. SEPTA will go over them this weekend and post any revised talking points next week.
Restraint and Seclusion Public Hearing – Friday, December 11th at 6:00pm.
In the meantime, please share this post far and wide. SEPTA encourages the community to register to speak at the public hearing next week.
We understand that this is a very tough issue for many, including both families and staff. If you wish to remain anonymous to FCPS, please email our Advocacy Chair, Diane Cooper Gould, at email@example.com. Additionally, if you are willing to volunteer to read an anonymous testimony, please e-mail Diane as well. SEPTA will remove any identifying information before sharing it with a volunteer.
Please keep the following in mind when preparing testimony:
- All testimonies must be 3 minutes or less.
- We suggest timing yourself in advance, to ensure your comments will fit within the 3 minute mark.
- Reserving a Space on the Speaker list:
- Sign up online
- Call the School Board Office at 571-423-1075 during normal business hours between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Please note: the online option is not yet available as of the publishing of this post.
- Five (5) public hearing speaker slots are reserved for individuals, who have not registered in advance, to address the Board after registered speakers. Unregistered individuals may also use “no show” speaker slots to address the Board.