The 2020 Nationwide Theme: I Matter Because….
Explore the Arts and Express Yourself
|Official Rules | Categories | Ready to Enter?|
Each year, PTA’s Reflections program encourages students of all ages and abilities to submit original works of art that reflect on an annual theme. Submissions are reviewed by visual, literary and performing arts experts, and students are recognized for their artistic ingenuity in bringing the theme to life. The theme for the 2020-2021 program year is I Matter Because….
Students submit their entries through Fairfax SEPTA and we will recognize all who enter with a certificate. Student winners from our level will move up to the Fairfax area council level and then could move on to the Northern Virginia district, state and finally national level throughout the course of the school year. National Reflections winners are announced in May and celebrated at the National PTA Annual Convention. National PTA then produces a traveling exhibit for the next year.
More than 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 participate annually. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Please review the official rules. For more specific rules and guidelines for each category, please click on the category name below.
Special Artist – Students who require assistance or accommodations to complete their entry may enter under the Special Artist category.
Students will submit all entries online. Digital files of your entry must be in the following formats:
- Dance – AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, or MP4. must be 5 minutes or less and no more than 1 GB in size
- Film – AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, or MP4 must be 5 minutes or less and no more than 1 GB in size
- Literature – PDF only
- Music – MP3 and WAV. must be 5 minutes or less and no more than 1 GB in size
- Photography – JPEG, JPG, and PNG
- Visual Arts – JPEG, JPG, and PNG (if the entry is 3D, the student MUST provide three (3) photos representing each angle.)
1. Click on the entry link below for your DIVISION and CATEGORY
2. Fill out all the text information and hit Submit
3. Click on the Dropbox link to submit your actual digital entry files
4. Special Artist division does not have age categories. Please scroll down to the Special Artist entry links
Primary Age Division – PK-2nd Grade
Thank you artists and families for participating in the 2020-21 Reflections Arts Recognition Program through Fairfax SEPTA!
Questions? Contact: Lynn Smith, Fairfax SEPTA Reflections Chair