The 2018 Nationwide Theme: Heroes Around Me
We are pleased to announce that Fairfax County SEPTA participates in the National PTA 2018 Reflections Arts Competition! All age groups are welcome. We are so excited to see our special children represented in this nationwide competition!
Dance (rules can be found here)
Film (rules can be found here)
Literature (rules can be found here)
Music Composition (rules can be found here)
Photography (rules can be found here)
Visual Arts (rules can be found here)
Special Artist (rules can be found here)
Age/Grade Groups: Pre-K-Grade 2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12 or Special Artist*
- Artists may not submit the same piece of artwork to two different categories or to multiple PTAs.
- Artists are permitted to submit entries to more than one category.
- All entries must include a parent-signed entry form
- Artist or Parent can determine age category (3 options):
- Actual grade of artist
- Grade of artist based on cognitive ability (please note)
- Special artist* – all grades
- Deadline is November 5 at 5 pm. Entries may be submitted:
- at the October 30 SEPTA General Membership Meeting
- to Nancy Rosene at 5208 Pimlico Ct, Fairfax, VA 22032 (drop off or mail)
- by email to Reflections@fairfaxcountysepta.org (music composition, film, or dance choreography only) – include scanned signed entry form.
- Other locations by appointment–contact Nancy (Reflections@fairfaxcountysepta.org/703-786-7410 cell/text) by November 1 to set up an alternative. We don’t want drop off to be a barrier to participation; we’ll work together to find options.
- Parent, Guardian, or Grandparent of artist must be a current Fairfax County SEPTA member
Experienced artists, photographers, writers, dancers, musicians, and filmmakers will evaluate your work for creativity, technique, and interpretation of theme. (Please note that interpretation of theme is especially important.) We look forward to celebrating your artistry and achievement in the arts… you inspire us!
*Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division OR grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities. See Official Rules for details. Special Artists will be judged separately from the general age categories; as a parent, you have the choice to submit entries into this category or the general age categories.